The primary responsibility of the Property Management Custodian (PMC) is to maintain the cleanliness and good appearance of all Texas MedClinic facilities. Duties include, but are not limited to: 1) filling in for vacancies at all clinic locations; 2) cleaning and sanitizing offices, clinic areas, tables, chairs, walls and floors; 3) dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, waxing, shampooing and polishing all inside properties; 4) assists in the upkeep of all outside properties; 5) accountable for safe use, control and storage of assigned supplies and equipment; 6) must recognize and report needed repairs.
The normal workweek is 40 hours during the evening, Monday through Friday. Depending on workloads, some weekend and/or overtime hours may be required.
Education & Training:
- Knowledge, training or experience sufficient to perform the duties of this position
- Computer skills a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
A valid state driver’s license, personal vehicle, vehicle insurance and a good driving record are required. Position requires travel to all clinic locations to fill in during vacancies and is authorized for mileage reimbursement.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to report to work punctually and regularly as scheduled and use time effectively
- Must be able to maintain appropriate dress, grooming and hygiene habits according to company policies
- Must work well with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work as a team member with all TMC employees to foster a productive and cohesive work environment
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude
- Must be able to interact with staff members and others professionally
- Must be able to efficiently follow directions
- Must possess effective reasoning and deductive ability
- Must be able to read, understand and apply all product Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Must be able to learn new products, features and procedures
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to adapt to expanding workloads
- Must be able to organize time and tasks effectively
- Must complete projects in a timely fashion
- Must be able to practice safety on the job
- Must maintain a safe working environment and treat equipment with care
- Must be able to operate all necessary equipment safely
- Must be able to operate mechanical buffers, vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners and other facility upkeep equipment
- Must be able to use brooms, mops and other routine custodial utensils
Essential Job Functions & Duties:
- Dust all furniture, light fixtures, pictures, plaques, ledges and window sills
- Sweep and mop all assigned areas
- Clean sinks, basins, commodes, vents, baseboards, corners, walls, tile, office and clinic areas, furniture items, counters, windows, mirrors and other glassware as assigned
- Clean, vacuum, wax and shampoo all carpets and floors as assigned
- Empty, clean and wash all trash receptacles as assigned
- Straighten up waiting rooms
- Vacuum top of cabinets, ceiling vents and waiting room furniture
- Clean glass doors, entry tile and bathrooms
- Clean blinds/shades, ceiling fans, carpets, autoclave and aerators
- Spot clean wallpaper and carpet
- Pick up trash in parking lot and yard
- Polish chrome, brass and wood items
- Sweep/wash entry mats
- Clean out refrigerator/microwave
- Clean/refill soap dispensers
- Polish thresholds/kick plates
- Replace paper products
- Dust door frames and pictures
- Keep custodial closet/area neat and orderly
- Recognize and report needed repairs
- Must be punctual and reliable in attendance
Customer Service Skills:
- Meets the service expectations of customers
- Adequately handles problems identified by our customers
- Provides quality customer service to our customers
- Resolves problems identified by our customers
- Interacts with co-workers in other departments in a manner that promotes teamwork and facilitates good customer service
Working Conditions & Risks:
Work is primarily indoors in a well-lighted, heated and cooled facility. The PMC-F will need to tolerate temperature changes when going in and out of (or to and from) one facility to another. Job hazards are estimated to be minimal (low risk). The PMC-F will be exposed to water, detergents, other cleaning products, trash and refuse from the clinics. Potential hazards include: using routine custodial equipment, supplies and chemicals, and working around electrical outlets and medical and office equipment; position involves the risk of exposure to blood or other potentially infectious bodily fluids. The PMC-F is expected to be safety conscious at all times.
- Strength Requirements: Medium work – lifting and opening boxes weighing up to 50 pounds; must be able to lift from floor to waist level.
- Required body position(s): Standing and moving about for long periods of time; walking on carpeted, tiled, concrete, asphalt and other various surfaces.
- Staff Agility: Position requires lifting of objects from one level to another, from floor to shoulder height, utilizing different pieces of custodial or maintenance equipment.
- Climbing and/or Balancing: Maintain balance over carpeted, tiled, concrete, asphalt and other various surfaces. Regularly needs to use ladders of step and extension type to obtain materials or do cleaning.
- Stooping, Bending, Kneeling, Crouching and/or Crawling: Stooping required to pull stored items and operate cleaning equipment, squats required to lift items from floor area.
- Reaching, Handling, Fingering, and/or Feeling: Reaches horizontally, up, down and to the side to obtain and use custodial equipment. Must be able to work with hands and arms extended while cleaning. Repetitive motion consists of extended periods of upper body and upper limb movements (arms, hands and wrists).
- Talking and/or Hearing (all correctable): Talking – must be able to speak plainly enough for listener to understand conversational tone of voice at a five (5) foot distance when communicating with others. Hearing must be able to hear conversational tone of voice at five (5) foot distance in a clinic setting or while any equipment is in operation.
- Seeing ( all correctable): Must be able to see people coming and going, must be able to read and understand printed material (in English); must be able to see work that needs to be done.