The Information Technology Network Technician (ITNT) is responsible for overseeing and day to day maintenance of the Texas MedClinic network infrastructure including, but not limited to: Wide Area Network technologies and associated hardware, Local Area Network technologies and associated hardware and Wireless Networking technologies and associated hardware. The ITNT is also responsible for multiple Microsoft Windows servers, a mixed environment of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems on client workstations, a mixed client base of Microsoft applications as well as in house development applications. The ITNT should be willing to travel to the remote sites as needed for troubleshooting and repair. The network infrastructure is subject to change at any time and the ITNT will be responsible for learning and adapting to the new technology as well as performing other tasks as assigned by the Information Technology Support Manager (ITSM) and/or Information Technology Director (ITD). The ITNT is required to interact regularly with users (staff and contracted physicians) and our outside vendors in a tactful, diplomatic and pleasant way using the Texas MedClinic guidelines for customer service. The ITNT is responsible for end-user computer related support in-person, over the telephone and through the IT Help Desk Application. The ITNT will be required to participate in a rotation for telephone support and software testing.
The normal work-week is 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but the ITNT will be expected to be on-call evenings and weekends in order to support the needs of the remote sites and to do occasional systems maintenance after hours. Work hours may be adjusted on a permanent or temporary basis as the needs of the company dictate.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associated degree in related field preferred
- One year experience in the Information Technology field preferred
- Must have working knowledge of modern computer technologies & software in use at Texas MedClinic
- Must have working knowledge of the following software applications: Microsoft Office 2000 or higher components, Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- A valid state driver’s license, personal vehicle, vehicle insurance and a good driving record are required. Position requires travel and is authorized for mileage reimbursement
- Must meet requirements of Physical Skills Assessment
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Microsoft Windows Operating System(s) installation, configuration and operation
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Call Manager/ Unity
- Basic knowledge of Cisco Managed Switches and Routers
- Modern networking infrastructure and TCP/IP protocol
- Microsoft applications such as Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office
- Ability to use internal and outside resources in order to accomplish tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and able to adapt to a fast paced work environment
- Strong analytical skills with ability to troubleshoot, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The ITNT I position has an opportunity for advancement to ITNT II after being in the position for 2 years and meeting the following requirements:
- Must score at least a 3.40 on annual – date in position evaluations for last 2 years
- Must not have a performance improvement plan in last 12 months
- Must have good time and attendance with no suspension in last 12 months
- Must not have written discipline in personnel file in last 12 months
- Must have supervisor recommendation for promotion
- Must have one of the following:
- CompTia A+ Certification or equivalent,
- CompTia Network + Certification or equivalent, or
- Information Technology related Associates degree and 1 of above certifications or equivalent
Essential Job Functions & Duties:
- Administration of the Microsoft Windows Servers
- Troubleshoot and repair of the Microsoft Windows Servers
- Preventative maintenance of the Microsoft Windows Servers
- Administration of the Cisco Call Manager VOIP Telephone system
- Administration of the Cisco Unity VOIP Telephone Voicemail system
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting ethernet infrastructure cabling
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting voice infrastructure cabling
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting wireless network infrastructure
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting Local Area Network and Wide Area Network infrastructure, communication devices, i.e. Routers, Switches, Cable modems, DSL modems, Controllers
- Perform regular backups, viability checks, apply updates and perform upgrades of servers and client PCs
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain client PCs hardware and software, including operating systems
- Fault/Error detection and research necessary to correct problem
- After hours support: The ITNT will be required to participate regularly in an on-call rotation in support of our remote clinics
- Learn and adapt to new technology
- Log and track all request for support assistance and parts
- Prepare and update procedure manuals and documentation
OTHER PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Displays good verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains a good working relationship with supervisor, co-workers and clients
- Uses good judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Shows initiative with job tasks and user support
- Shows dependability
- Maintains professional appearance and grooming
- Practices safety on the job
- Must be punctual and reliable in attendance
Customer Service Skills:
- Maintains or enhances self-esteem of patients/customers
- Listens and responds with empathy to patients/customers
- Involve the patients/customers
- Gives and receives patients/customers feedback
- Acknowledges patients/customers courteously and with full attention
- Clarifies patients/customers needs understanding their need before taking action or offering a solution
- Meets or exceeds patients/customers expectations taking opportunities to do more than is expected
- Confirms patients/customers satisfaction by asking them if they received everything they needed or wanted
- Handles patient/customer problems by taking action to find solutions to their problems
Working Conditions & Risks:
Work is normally indoors in a well-lighted and seasonally heated and cooled business office. Job hazards are estimated to be minimal (low risk). Potential risk exists from accidents while using routine office equipment and lifting loads of up to 75 pounds. The position requires driving personal vehicle occasionally to and from other facilities (reimbursable). The ITNT is expected to be safety conscious at all times.
- Strength Requirements: Light to Medium work – lifting and opening boxes weighing 30 pounds; must be able to lift from floor to waist level occasionally.
- Required body position(s): standing and moving about for long periods of time; work while sitting at desks and using computers for prolonged periods of time; walking on carpeted, tiled, concrete, asphalt and other various surfaces.
- Staff Agility: Position requires lifting of objects from one level to another, from floor to shoulder height. Must be able to work in confined areas (under sinks, above ceilings) and on roofs.
- Climbing and/or Balancing: Maintain balance over carpeted, tiled, concrete, asphalt and other various surfaces. Occasionally will need to use ladders of step and extension type that have 300lb limitation.
- Stooping, Bending, Kneeling, Crouching and/or Crawling: stooping required to pull stored items and operate equipment, squats required to lift items from floor area.
- Reaching, Handling, Fingering, and/or Feeling: reaches horizontally, up, down and to the side to obtain and use stored items or equipment. Repetitive motion consists of extended periods of upper body and upper limb movements (arms, hands and wrists).
- Talking and/or Hearing (all correctable): Talking – must be able to speak plainly enough for listener to understand conversational tone of voice at a five (5) foot distance when communicating with others. Hearing – must be able to hear conversational tone of voice at five (5) foot distance in a clinic setting or while any equipment is in operation.
- Seeing (all correctable): Must be able to see people coming and going, must be able to read and understand printed material (in English); must be able to see work that needs to be done.