The primary role of the CAT Scan Technologist (CST) is to utilize a computerized tomography (CT) scanner to produce cross-section images of patients’ internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis of medical issues. The CST is expected to strictly adhere to the established practice and safety standards.
PRN- Must be available to work minimum of two weekends per month.
Must be available to pick up shifts as needed
Option to work every weekend available
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from an accredited Radiology Technologist training program
- Current State License as a Radiological Technologist (RT) required
- ARRT registered (RT) (CT)
- CPR / First Aid Certification
- A valid state driver’s license, personal vehicle, vehicle insurance and a good driving record are required. Position requires travel and is authorized for mileage reimbursement
- Must meet requirements of Physical Skills Assessment
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess excellent knowledge of diagnostic x-ray procedures
- Must be able to perform diagnostic x-ray procedures safely and accurately
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, its spelling and abbreviations
- Working knowledge of computer preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Essential Job Functions & Duties:
- Proficiently operates computerized tomography (CT) scanning equipment
- Accurately interprets a physician’s scanning instructions
- Obtains patient history
- Explains standard procedures
- Addresses patient concerns
- Administers contrast materials
- Prepares and operates the CT scan equipment and positions the patient to capture the appropriate images:
- Abdominal scans
- Retroperitoneal scans
- Maintains supplies and equipment; re-stocks as needed
- Oversees the operation of equipment and reports maintenance problems to supervisor
- Performs quality control
- Practices radiation safety and protection techniques
- Performs administrative duties (enters patient/exam information into computerized system and maintains records)
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be punctual and reliable in attendance
Customer Service Skills:
- Meets the service expectations of our internal and external customers
- Adequately handles problems identified by internal and external customers
- Provides quality service to internal and external customers
- Resolves problems identified by internal and external customers
- 5. Interacts with other departments in a manner that promotes teamwork and facilitates company goals
Working Conditions & Risks:
Work is indoors in a well lighted, and seasonally heated and cooled clinic. Job hazards are estimated to be minimal (low risk). Potential risk exists for accidents while using routine exercise and office equipment.
Position requires prolonged standing, walking, and sitting as well as repetitive use of hand and fingers. Repetitive motions consist of extended period of upper limb movements (arms, hands, wrists): good vision; good hearing; and clear speech required. Lifting 20-50 pounds on an occasional basis unassisted is required.
- Stooping, Kneeling, Climbing, Crouching, and Squatting: Stooping is required to pull and file charts, and paper stored in this area. Squatting is required to lift items from floor area. Climbing is required to store or pull boxes from shelves.
- Reaching, Handling, Fingering, and/or Feeling: Reaching horizontally is required to move papers. Reaching horizontally, up, down, and to the side to obtain and secure papers is required and also using office equipment. Using a keyboard and touch screen are required.
- Talking, Hearing, and Seeing: Must be able to speak and hear clearly enough for listener to understand conversational tone from a 5 foot distance.